Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is in the right place (apologies to the mods if not, please feel free to move if required). Thought I'd say a quick hello from Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Learning in an Aero AT-3 over Sherburn-in-Elmet.

Further to my 'hello' I thought some of you might be interested in a couple of GA-related bits I've been on with this year...

I'm keeping a record of my flying training over on Medium.com - for anyone who's interested you can read/follow here: https://medium.com/@paulwilsonuk

Also, I run a video production company - I've been filming with Jon 'The Flying Reporter' on his most recent episode where he went gliding at Husbands Bosworth in Leicestershire. You can see the episode here:

I was back filming with him and PlaneOldBen at Barton in Manchester for an upcoming episode (landing in the next couple of weeks all being well!) .

Would be great to connect with any other PPL-students in the area, also for anyone who's studying (or passed) at Sherburn. Looking forward to engrossing myself in the Flyer community :)
Artschool, Rob P liked this
Thanks @Flyin'Dutch', yeah the Flying Reporter episodes are generally 10/15/20 minutes long and aim to be informative/fun as opposed to short snappy viral.. definitely worth a watch when you're at a loose end :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. Universe is slowly aligning (house sale is progressing, just could do with it being a bit quicker!) so hoping to be back up in the air very soon.
Hello, I also fly from Sherburn - you're in good hands, great folk and this time of the year it's great - relatively quiet and some excellent clear and calm flying days.

Best advice I can offer is go outside of the training box. It's possible to do your whole PPL in the triangle just talking to Sherbs and Humberside, but early on see if you can get some action working Leeds and Doncaster as well, and some matz penetrations with Linton which will just help you a little later. Now is also a really good time to get a couple of night hours under your belt in the Warriors, I found circuit work a lot easier in the dark as all you are looking at is relative positioning to the runway so in the day it'll be a snap.

Good Luck and enjoy :D