Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Hi all,

here I want to present you an android app I have recently worked on which you can simulate IFR procedures and approaches with.

By showing only the primary flight display and the navigation display it offers an authentic IFR experience.

You can choose out of 5000 airports to fly approaches using a total of 11000 navigation aids.
Additionally, you can figure out holding entries, wind correction angles and timing corrections as well as intercept headings and afterwards fly these procedures.

The purpose of this app is on the one hand to being able to apply learned theory and on the other hand to practice approaches.

If you are interested, you can download the app here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tsimulator

ImageImageImage

To further improve the application, I would highly appreciate your feedback. Just answer this post, write an email to ifrflighttrainer@gmail.com or use the Google Play Store feedback function.

Thank you very much and enjoy flying!

Kind regards
Last edited by IFR Flight Simulator on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
I've downloaded it and had a play.....I think it's ideal for practicing situational awareness without the additional hassle associated with other flight Sims.
I particularly like the fact that the navaids are all in the right place.
I'm hoping to renew my IMC rating in the near.future and will definitely use this to get.my.head up to speed.....many thanks.
By BlackheathBloke
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I've used this a few times, a useful app.

Particularly useful for holds, being that we so rarely fly them in the real world it's always good to practice them just in case one ever pops up.
By davelee212
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just been having a play with this and quite like it. It would be really nice to be able to adjust the airspeed when doing practice holds. I was put off a few times by full screen noisy ads popping up several times before I'd completed a single go round the hold :?

Dave
Hi Dave, thanks for your feedback.
The number of ads has now been reduced, you might wanna check for the latest update.
Just to confirm, the ads did only show up when you switched to the map view, right?
There is also the possibility to completely remove ads now.