Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By rachelandrew
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks - signed up for Airquiz - certainly doesn't hurt to have a few question banks to test myself on. Having done a couple of the Air Law ones, it highlighted some things that haven't come up in the others that I will now re-read in the book.
By FlightDek
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I used Airquiz and found it really useful.

I read the books and then did loads of tests until I could reliably get 90-95% every time. Any questions I got wrong I checked the reference in the quiz feedback and then went back to the book.

Also, when doing the quiz I never guessed. If I wasn't sure of the answer I left it blank - that way I would find out what the correct answer was rather than just being lucky

Good luck

Dek
rachelandrew liked this
By CapnM
Artschool wrote:In my flight school they suggest doing three exams per sitting. I sat air law Tuesday before last and then sat OPs and human performance last Tuesday.

next exam I am going to have a go at is navigation.

May be beneficial leaving Navigation until you're at that stage in the training (apologies if you are and my assumption is incorrect) and can comfortably use a CRP, understand navigation aids, etc. The exam isn't hard by any means but it was beneficial (to me) to be currently using things which turned up on the exam at that stage of training :thumleft:

For reference, I believe the route I did was Air Law > Human Perf > Communications > AGK > PoF > Met > Op Prods > Flight P&P > Navigation
By Artschool
CapnM wrote:
Artschool wrote:In my flight school they suggest doing three exams per sitting. I sat air law Tuesday before last and then sat OPs and human performance last Tuesday.

next exam I am going to have a go at is navigation.

May be beneficial leaving Navigation until you're at that stage in the training (apologies if you are and my assumption is incorrect) and can comfortably use a CRP, understand navigation aids, etc. The exam isn't hard by any means but it was beneficial (to me) to be currently using things which turned up on the exam at that stage of training :thumleft:

For reference, I believe the route I did was Air Law > Human Perf > Communications > AGK > PoF > Met > Op Prods > Flight P&P > Navigation

its funny you should mention that, I am not at the stage yet and having read through the books I am reconsidering the order. :thumleft:
CapnM liked this