Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Artschool
I sat my first exam this afternoon! was pretty nervous but I got a pass so will get stuck into some more next week.

have to say that the PPL tutor app was good for revision.

one down, eight more to go!
Morten liked this
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Looking at the thread you started before your trial flight back in 2013... have you had a gap?
Respect for perseverance :thumleft:

Morten
By Artschool
yes, I had a trial flight back in 2013 but didn't take it any further for various reasons.

had my first full lesson in august 2017.

edit: just read my old thread. I have also bought another motorbike in the meantime as well! :lol:
By Morten
Cool - glad to hear you're back into it :)
(Pssht - imagine prioritising a motorbike over flying!)

Morten
By FlightDek
Well done :thumleft:

If your exam was Air Law at 16.00 then I think we were talking for a bit.

Cheers
Dek
By CapnM
Congrats! The exams aren't too difficult, there's just a lot of theory to take in. I found it a massive weight off my shoulders when I passed the last one as I worked myself up thinking I'd fail them all. My advice would be to try and get them all done before you get to your QXC - by the time I did my solo QXC, I still had 6 to do :( Best of luck with the rest of yours!

I also found PPL Cruiser helpful for when you want to put the theory to the test :thumleft:
By Artschool
CapnM wrote:Congrats! The exams aren't too difficult, there's just a lot of theory to take in. I found it a massive weight off my shoulders when I passed the last one as I worked myself up thinking I'd fail them all. My advice would be to try and get them all done before you get to your QXC - by the time I did my solo QXC, I still had 6 to do :( Best of luck with the rest of yours!

I also found PPL Cruiser helpful for when you want to put the theory to the test :thumleft:

cheers for the advice. :thumleft:
By Artschool
operational procedures and human performance passed this afternoon!

just scraped a pass in ops.

note to self. read the questions properly before ticking a multiple choice answer that includes that the PIC doesn't have to be aboard the aircraft :lol:
Last edited by Artschool on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sooty25, Crash one liked this
By FlightDek
Nice one Chris :thumleft:

Feels good doesn't it. When did finally you stop smiling?

Dek