Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By MarkOlding
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
So dropped my log book, pass certificates and all the gubbins at the CAA on Tuesday 26th September, settled back for a possible 3 to 4 week wait and look what got delivered today:

Thank you CAA, now to the airfield.....
Last edited by MarkOlding on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shiny liked this
By kingbing
Good stuff! And preferential service: I dropped mine in the day before, but have not yet got the licence. They have taken the money, so I am optimistic....
By Shiny
More positive feedback here:-
I dropped my licence in on Friday 29th for the addition of a new rating & was told to expect a 10 working day turnaround. New licence delivered today = 7 working days.

When I asked the lady why it had taken 6-8weeks in the past she was very candid and said they had been short staffed at that particular time. Anyway, long may the current turnaround times continue.

On a slightly different tack, I was also told that the free same day service is shortly to be phased out (news to me, maybe not news to others here).

It was explained to me that a high take up rate of the free same day service means that the regular postal applications can experience and have been experiencing significant and growing backlogs. I understand that the same day service will in future be available at a cost of £100.
By kingbing
Got mine at last! They said 8-10 working days, and I guess it took 10.

Now, what are all those plastic folders in the wallet for? There are a lot of them.
By Morten
kingbing wrote:Now, what are all those plastic folders in the wallet for? There are a lot of them.

There's one for each page of your license once you've cut it into 8. You're meant to cut up your license and put the individual pages into those folders. You can do the same to your medical as well. Very handy.

That's a joke. Please do not do it - it invalidates the license. I took a double sided photocopy of my license and cut it up and put it in those folders - my FI nearly had a heart attack when she saw it before I pointed out that the original was at the back, folded but uncut. I keep my medical (folded, not cut) in there as well

;-)

Morten
kingbing liked this