Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Hi all,

I've been looking into various courses to gain a professional pilots licence for some time now. I have always wanted to become a pilot but the costs and such can be quite high, and I don't have a property (live with parents), so gathering the funds is taking some time.

I'm currently working, though off work ill right now as I have had nasal surgery that still has not fully stopped bleeding, so my GP is monitoring it, then after it is healed, I will be going on a fitness frenzy.
But I was speaking to my GP about different problems i.e. this surgery stuff and also a neck problem I have that gives me frequent headaches and he said that it's definitely something that should respond very well to physio within a few months :thumleft:

But I am not sure how I stand with the medical things.
For example, if the physio works and my headaches stop and my neck problem reduces a lot (there is no pain) and the surgery heals, then would I pass the medical?
Also, is there a required period of time for medical problems to be in remission before passing a Class 1 medical?

Thanks