Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By GustavoW
Hello everybody,

I always dreamed to be a flyer. Unfortunately, it is only now that I can and that I have the means to become a flyer. Is not he too late for a 31-year-old man? Thank you
By Highland Park
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I didn't finally get my PPL until I was 50. I couldn't afford to until then (still can't but life is too short..). If you're able to and healthy go for it. There will be a time, for one reason or another that you may no longer to be able to...

Just make sure you do your research properly in terms of where you want to learn, before you start to commit cash to it. There are plenty of very knowledgeable people on here (far more so than me..) who will be happy to give advice, so don't be afraid to ask!

Ian
Laura liked this
By johnm
I started learning for my PPL aged 52 and got my IR aged 62, you are a baby go for it!
Flyin'Dutch', Laura liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
Who on earth, anywhere thinks that 31 is too old for just about anything except joining the RAF as a fighter pilot or starting to train for the Olympics.

G
By BirdsEyeView
Although my family has an RAF history, I never started flying (gliders) until I was 64 yrs old and today I completed my 4th power solo at the age of almost 67 yrs. Expecting to complete my PPL in late July/August this year. Now looking for that bargain C172.
Laura liked this