Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By navidvivo
I Just started and I'm 33. I personally know 3 people between 37-41 that are now preparing for their ATPL theory.

Even if you enter the industry at the age of 40, You will still have at least 25 YEARS in the industry :)
By Tom Johnstone
Started last May at 49, and hoping to get my piece of paper and stamps around my 50th this year, fingers crossed. Do it - it's every bit as good as I had hoped!
By 4535jacks
We have a 94 year pilot and my airfield and he is still actively flying when his health allows so you still have 60 years of flying ahead of you. Good luck!
By Zeky
I am 41 years old lady. I would really like to complete my APTL training and work as a co pilot. I feel time is running out for me.... It is costly, and jobs are not guaranteed these days. Any advice ?
:?:
By Rob P
@ GustavoW

Yes, far too old. Time to brew a cup of Horlicks and settle down watching Cash in the Attic like the rest of us ancients.

Silly bugger :lol:

Rob P
By Spooky
Zeky wrote:I am 41 years old lady. I would really like to complete my APTL training and work as a co pilot. I feel time is running out for me.... It is costly, and jobs are not guaranteed these days. Any advice ?
:?:

There's a huge push for female commercial pilots at the moment so you still have a good chance despite the age 'barrier'.

There is this event in November

https://www.pilotcareernews.com/live/london/

Might provide some useful guidance
By Bearsden
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A student here at 56, wish I had done it earlier, but money, kids, houses...........etc. Biggest problem at my age is learning to learn again.

Get on with it, you'll never look back, unless it is to see the runway you just left!
By mmcp42
I started lessons mid-50s so 30s would be a doddle - go for it!