Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nice work, Mark.
that should put you nicely lined up and on the glide slope for the skills test any day now :thumleft:

Have I missed something from Spooky and tfin25 - I would have thought you guys had passed by now?
Get your flying in now before the weather turns!

Morten
By davelee212
I did my IR(R) skills test today and very happy to have passed!

As usual with tests, I went in with a certain amount of trepidation but it was a really good flight, went really well and I enjoyed it.

I might look into a night rating when this good weather goes and we start getting dark evenings again!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Morten, kingbing liked this
Morten wrote:Nice work, Mark.
that should put you nicely lined up and on the glide slope for the skills test any day now :thumleft:

Have I missed something from Spooky and tfin25 - I would have thought you guys had passed by now?
Get your flying in now before the weather turns!

Morten

I passed last week :mrgreen: had several cancellations due to weather but finally had a suitable(ish) day :D

Now have the long wait for the CAA

MarkOlding, Morten liked this
Hi All

Just thought I would drop a note in to say I did my first solo today! :D

I'm sure it was a similar experience to most of the rest of you, do a couple of circuits, the instructor says "Right let's stop for a moment after this landing" you have a quick chat about the last circuit and then he says "Ok Im getting out now, off you go and do one on your own"

What an amazing experience!

I'll pop the YT link to the video once its uploaded but I'm still floating on cloud 9 lol.

Not bad for 5 hours 30 on the log book!

Cheers

Pat
CapnM, kingbing liked this
By kingbing
Did my SEP - QXC today after weeks of waiting for decent enough weather. Phew,

North Weald - Shoreham - Lydd - North Weald.

And the nice folks at Lydd made sure the 18kts was down the runway....

Just skills test and FRTOL to go. 54 hrs so far. Hours are never wasted, I know, but doing the QXC with my instructor twice seemed excessive (as well as expensive).
Last edited by kingbing on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyingyod liked this