Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By akg1486
This thread wasn't started when it happened, and then I didn't notice it until now.

2022-02-11: Single Engine Electric

I guess you could file that under "Difference training" as the endorsement is recorded in the log book rather than in the licence.
ericgreveson, T6Harvard, UncleT and 3 others liked this
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
WelshRichy wrote:Just stopped for a bite to eat on my way home to Scotland after passing my initial FI(R) AoC this morning! Early start so that I could get home. Yay! :D

That's brilliant! Well done. CFT came up good again?! Sorry I missed you, I'm at Tatenhill tomorrow, (social not lesson) :mrgreen:
WelshRichy liked this
By WelshRichy
T6Harvard wrote:
WelshRichy wrote:That's brilliant! Well done. CFT came up good again?! Sorry I missed you, I'm at Tatenhill tomorrow, (social not lesson) :mrgreen:

Of course they did and thank you! I’ll pop along to a flyer fly-in one day instead! Or if I’m going to be around the area I’ll let you know. So near yet so far a month or so ago (next plane over!).
T6Harvard liked this
By StratoTramp
T6Harvard wrote:No nerves and a greaser :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's weird isn't it, my solo was a greaser (1 go around). But I feel my landings are worse now :lol:
Maybe its that extra (probably erroneous) 'do or die' feeling from the solo :cyclopsani:

Should always be aspiring to the best landings, but the more experience you have you know it's not quite so close to wire. :lol: probably not explaining it right but it's the dual edge sword of a bit more confidence in that everything has a bit of tollerance. Whereas in my solo was, I have to absolutely nail this otherwise it won't end well.

@AndyR Thanks for your efforts :thumleft:
T6Harvard, Milty, ericgreveson and 1 others liked this