Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Lanyards are fine, but it's not a bad idea to manufacture a name badge, and where your forum name doesn't align with your real one to add that also.

In some circles I am still known as "Moggy" from an identity on a forum I left years ago.

:cat: Rob P
tr7v8 liked this
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yep, agree name badges with forum and real name a good idea.

Lanyards are optional so @TopCat will only be able to avoid some of us :mrgreen:

So POTENTIAL ATTENDEES -

PM me to join a WhatsApp group which I shall endeavour to set up, or if I fail I'll pass the task onto a competent person who knows all about it (guess who I'm looking at? :mrgreen: )
By TopCat
tr7v8 wrote:
TopCat wrote:
T6Harvard wrote:A good reminder that I need to work out how we can all actually find each other on the day and let folks know! Be back later.

How about a WhatsApp group?

Not a WhatsApp user, but a Signal one.

I don't think Signal does live location sharing. I believe Telegram can, though I've never used it for that.

I'd be happy to switch to Telegram.
By T6Harvard
TopCat wrote:
tr7v8 wrote:
TopCat wrote:How about a WhatsApp group?

Not a WhatsApp user, but a Signal one.

I don't think Signal does live location sharing. I believe Telegram can, though I've never used it for that.

I'd be happy to switch to Telegram.

Oh no, WhatsApp now has 4 of us and I've given my mobile direct to Tr7 so can we stick with that?

I'll try and round up a few others :D
tr7v8, Rob P liked this
Miscellaneous wrote:@T6Harvard I predict what’s being discussed on the WhatsApp group...

Nothing is being discussed on the WhatsApp group.

It is simply for use on the day for "Where are you all?" messages

Discussion and arrangements stay here.

Rob P
T6Harvard, TopCat liked this