The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By malcolmfrost
Does anyone recognise this and can tell me what model it is so I can get hold of a manual? I think it may be a Funke.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/xNQsBoU.jpg[/img]
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Funke or Filser

Is there nothing on the back of the thing? If you find a manual in german but not english and need some translation, ping me.

Something very similar is marketed under the name KTX2.

The 4 finger screws are not part of the transponder I think they are just used to fix it into the hole.
Last edited by Flyin'Dutch' on Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By malcolmfrost
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
> We had one in a club aeroplane, I did not particularly like it. Too fiddly.
> Is it mode-S?
Yep, I like the fact it has knobs (finger screws) to change the numbers! Another aircraft I fly has a button to select, then another to change the numbers, so this is better I think.
By Flyin'Dutch'
Ah! I see now, so what I thought were fixation screws are in fact the number selectors - yup, makes sense. Never seen one of these before! Only the ones which have a very similar face and with button pressing you change the numbers. Interesting!
By malcolmfrost
Brilliant! I think I had it pretty much sussed, Beverley to Popham into a 20 kt headwind is a long way!! As I said, I prefer it to the more modern versions which are difficult to use when you are bouncing around. Hutber's Law strikes again!
By Smaragd
Malcolm - I can see you have sent me a PM but for some reason I can't open it - not sure whether it's anything to do with the Forum changes but have posted a question. Could you please reply to the email address I put in the message?