The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By CloudHound
Harry Metcalfe has just featured this on his 2021 roundup video in his garage

https://aaoil.co.uk/product/r-storage-plus/

At 99RON and Zero Ethanol I wonder if it could help those with issues when not using MOGAS powered aircraft over the winter?

Yes it's a tad pricey but, compared to some of the consequences of water absorbsion in E10 petrol, maybe a better bet for some.

BTW if you like Jaaags have a look at his XJ Coupe restoration. (I had the use of one in the late 70s owned by my MD at the time)
By Trent772
Just use ordinary Avgas - it stays stable and won't damage any parts of your engine.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bathman wrote:Isn't pretty well all Premium unleaded ethanol free?

Various areas where it certainly isn't ( Shell VPower only guarantees below 5% for example), then various areas where all fuel might contain ethanol, but it doesn't.
By Forfoxake
Bathman wrote:Isn't pretty well all Premium unleaded ethanol free?

Not in many parts of the UK. For example, from www.esso.co.uk website:

"Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps."

PS Despite this, both premium and standard unleaded are usually ethanol free in the far north of Scotland. In any event, I am now using UL91.
By MikeB
CloudHound wrote:Harry Metcalfe has just featured this on his 2021 roundup video in his garage

https://aaoil.co.uk/product/r-storage-plus/

Based on the distillation data quoted on the 'specs' section of that website (which I assume to be typicals rather than specs as they don't give min/max limits) , the fuel would not comply with BS EN228.