The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By Popeye
I bought one of these not too long ago and set it up and it did all it was supposed to do.

Yesterday I went to use it and it didn't accept any of the front panel inputs apart from changing the clock hap-hazardly from civil-military-UTC. I have tried new batteries (Durcell). It does reset using the Note & Start/stop buttons as per the manual but accepts no other inputs and won't change mode, also the light doesn't come on.

Is this normal and is there a simple cure or is it dustbin time? I can't say I'm overly impressed as i) for what it does it wasn't cheap and ii) it hasn't been used much.

Thanks.
By Rob P
Popeye wrote: ... not too long ago ...

Ask for a warranty replacement. I would.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you the legal right to either get a refund for goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, or get it repaired - depending on how long you've owned it:

0 - 30 days you can claim a full refund for goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described.
30 days - six months you must give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace it before you can claim a refund
Over six months you must give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace it before you can claim a partial refund, and the burden of proof is on you to prove the product is faulty

Rob P