The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
hi, i have been interested in air craft/aviation histor for as long as i can remember and its been a life long ambition to get involved with some aircraft restoration.
i have approched several companies over the last couple of years with the hope of getting involved but have had no luck.
i am a trained welder fabricator (and was previously coded to ASME9) which you would think would help but obviously i would need to be qualified to work on anything that is going to fly.
im now at a point where im considering joining the army as an aircraft technician which will give me the training and qualifications i need when i leave but is quite a comitment.
does anyone have any advice for me on how to get into aircraft restoration/working on planes without joining the army?
any advice would be greatly apreciated.
cheers,
josh.
By leiafee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
OK A tiny bit more Googling and they DID finish the spec, That’s here. https://www.instituteforapprenticeships ... ician-v1-0

That’ the good news, The bad is that Apprenticeshios are notoriously oversubscribed and hard to get on to! I’m sure that hasn’t changed in thr two year since I fled the sector.

But that site does offer a list of employers it may be worth approaching on spec.
hi, im very sorry for the delay thats brilliant thankyou very much :) they are both a little way from me (im based in dorset) but to be honest if its possible i would be willing to relocate if i can make it happen, im going to give them a ring this afternoon and get a CV written up thank you :)