The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bit of a long shot, but am trying to find a replacement 12 pin (4 x 3) plug to connect to a Navaid AP-1 Autopilot control head. It is a white plastic connector that is fitted on a wiring loom. It has two squeeze in locking tabs midway up the connector which mates with chassis mounted socket on the back plate of the units control head.

I need a makers name, or a part number or source of a 2nd hand one from an old loom please.

John
By Flying_john
Well thankyou all - I seem to be spoilt for choice now. I will sit down and check each offering and see which matches the closest and with Farnell stocking them at a reasonable price if I get it wrong it wont be too costly.

I spent half the afternoon trying to find them and failed so big :thumright: for all the help.

FJ
By Flying_john
So - mouser only ships from USA and for one connector and 12 pins is going cost about $40 !

RS are out of stock - backorder November

Farnell wont recognise me as a customer despite having a CPC/Farnell account so want to add surcharges by way of handling fee's to make one connector and pins nearly £20

I only wanted to bench test a unit to try and help a mate :-(((

The arcade website doesnt work and I do remember similar connectors in a fruit machine I fixed for someone, so may have to visit the local arcade games repairer :D
By Paul_Sengupta
Flying_john wrote:Farnell wont recognise me as a customer despite having a CPC/Farnell account so want to add surcharges by way of handling fee's to make one connector and pins nearly £20

Farnell are run as a separate entity to CPC, so you have to get an account with Farnell as well, even if you have one with CPC.

Or make your CPC order up to 21 quid somehow and you get free postage and handling!
By Flying_john
Thanks Peter - found a way through the mire of minimum order £ etc and eventually got one for £9 for pins and connector.
Thanks to Paul and others for the tips on availability.

So have now been able to bench test the Autopilot up to a point, but the gyros dont seem to spin very fast. Anyone else got one. Apart from that all seems to be in order.

Just got to find a suitable Servo now.