The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
User avatar
By Kemble Pitts
Some years ago an LAE at a company I was working at sourced for me a clever spark plug feeler gauge/gap setting tool for massive electrode aircraft spark plugs. I want to buy another one but cannot find out where to buy them.

It looks like this...


It is much simpler to use than most other methods I've seen (as an amateur fixer of aeroplanes). You slide the two 'prongs' over the central electrode, one each side, and then clamp the outer electrodes onto them using pliers or some such. The gaps are then nicely set and ready for testing.

Can anybody point me at a current source of these things?