The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
It's very hard to find an Android tablet without a GPS.

Used, second-generation Nexus 7 is a very popular, bargain basement option. The Huawei Mediapad M5 8" is my current choice. Expensive compared to the Nexus, cheap compared to an iPad

It might be worth doing a forum search. This has been frequently discussed, even recently.

Rob P
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'd watch with the Nexus, £40 ones are usually 1st gen (2012) which will work, but will be slow. Second gen (2013) are usually £50-£60ish and are much more usable. These aren't cellular. There was a cellular version of the gen 1, but not sure if there was for the gen 2, I've never seen one.

My current recommendation is the second hand Samsung S2 8.0. If you want cellular, the first gen S2 is the T715, the second gen the T719. Without cellular it's the T710 and T713. All have GPS.
I'd missed the SIM card requirement, sorry.

@ALTSEL Can I ask why? It seems rather unnecessary for a SkyDemon host tablet.

Rob P
By skydriller
Rob P wrote:I'd missed the SIM card requirement, sorry.

@ALTSEL Can I ask why? It seems rather unnecessary for a SkyDemon host tablet.

Rob P

If you have a phone, isnt it easier/cheaper to just mobile hotspot it?
By Paul_Sengupta
ALTSEL wrote:So this one has a Internal GPS??

They pretty much all have apart from the Amazon Kindle, or the really really cheap and nasty (i.e. under £35 for brand new) Chinese ones.

(and for £35 you can get a second hand first gen Nexus 7 or an Asus ME173X, both of which work ok for Sky Demon - though as I said, a second gen Nexus 7 is better)
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I'd watch with the Nexus, £40 ones are usually 1st gen (2012) which will work, but will be slow. Second gen (2013) are usually £50-£60ish and are much more usable. These aren't cellular. There was a cellular version of the gen 1, but not sure if there was for the gen 2, I've never seen one.

There was :D. Sometimes it's listed as LTE model
I have two, these were bought to replace a stolen one which was also LTE.
Paul_Sengupta liked this