The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By Trent772
If anyone is vaguely interested....

Needed a new blade, trawled around etc etc and stumbled upon these blokes.

https://thebandsawshop.com/

Spot on, delivered next day. And from Yarksheer !!!! :thumleft:
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:As an aside and nothing to do with bandsaws; You cannot stick a jigsaw upside down in a workmate and use it as a table saw.

It cuts the wrong way.

Don't ask how I know.

FD , it still cuts the same ,the Teeth still pull the material to the Table ,unless you have a 'down cutting' Blade in from the start ?? :? .
By Flyin'Dutch'
The problem is that normally the footplate of the jigsaw keeps the material down, that is of course - as I now realise - not the case and it flaps in the wind, making for an imprecise cut. And noise.

Good idea but sadly doesn't work.
By VRB_20kt
...so with anything but the lightest pressure the upstroke pushes the piece away from the bench?

I'm considering the merits or otherwise of fixing the router, inverted, under the bench and running the workpiece over it. The piece I'm working on is hard to hold down and consequently difficult to route in the normal way

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Rob L
I made my own inverted routing table many moons ago for my Taylorcraft project; I used plexiglass as a means of seeing the routing detail, and made the main structure from MDF to fit on my Black & Decker workbench.

Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By cockney steve
There is a dedicated piece of workshop equipment for just that task......It's called a Spindle-moulder

Used to use a similar home-brewed version for work on "perspex" (Well, actually Oroglas which is less brittle) cutters can be specially profiled and some have a guide-roller on an extension if the cutter....we used a small ball-race that was commonly used on a Molins high-speed cigarette- making machine....Carreras-Rothmans had a big factory at Basildon (new-town) back then, so the local bearing -stockist had them on the shelf. Ironically, we made oxygen-tents and prem. baby incubators.
Aviation content: Company was part of Narco ~(Air-Shields inc. Hatboro, Pennsylvania )
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Korenwolf
I used to get our bandsaw blades from Ian at Dragon Saws in Wales, absolutely top fella with loads of technical expertise. Sadly Dragon went out of business but Ian bounced back and trades again as TuffSaws, still in Wales. Definitely worth contacting him should you ever need anything.

https://www.tuffsaws.co.uk/
Flyin'Dutch' liked this