The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By ArthurG
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member

Fairly off-topic, I'm afraid, but I'm hoping someone might know.

A customer of a customer is using this sort of nut to secure a connection to a nickel plated terminal stud that we provide. I know the final customer is a well known pan-European large aircraft manufacturer, which is why I'm asking here.

The photo is dreadful, my apologies, but the macro ability on my phone is not good. I will describe is as best I can. It is a 3/16 UNF nut with a captive washer. It looks like it's supposed to deform on tightening to grip the thread and avoid vibrating loose. In colour it is dull darkish-grey like titanium. It is presumably tightened with a proprietary socket type spanner.

I don't think it is suitable for the terminal, but with the length of the information chain and language barriers I am struggling to get more information. I assume it is a proprietary item and if anyone recognises it and can point me to a maker's website or data, I would be very grateful.
By Korenwolf
ArthurG wrote::thumright:
Thank you both. Riverrock, that is very similar indeed and is probably the same. Thanks for the information.

I wonder who the manufacturer is.

There will be endless companies out there making them, and the spec should be online too. I have a Boeing Standards book in the office (I'm not at work today) and I'll have a peek in that for you, if you like.

**Edit** found it

http://www.coastfab.com/uploads/4/1/4/3 ... as1726.pdf