The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By Arclite01
I see on G-INFO that some aircraft have EASA ARC, some have National ARC and some are on Permits (both LAA and CAA)

Does a National ARC mean that the Aircraft is Annex 2 ?? (while EASA ARC obviously means it is not Annex 2).

And LAA Permit Aircraft are not CAA Permit Aircraft. What is the difference here ??

Can someone knowledgeable let me know the answers ?

Thanks

Arclite
By Kemble Pitts
A National ARC means that it is a non-EASA machine but that is eligible for a C of A. That could mean its an Annex II aircraft that merits a C of A (e.g. DH82a) or an Article 1.2 civil aircraft (e.g. police).

A NARC is still ICAO-compliant but even CAA gets its knickers in a twist about that particular detail.

In the UK Permits to Fly are issued, essentially. by EASA or CAA only (except for those issued by an approved organisation for short term operations such as test flying, transit to a maintenance facility, blah).

If the aircraft is an Annex II machine and not eligible for a C of A then the Permit to Fly will be issued by CAA and might be administered by CAA (ex-military 'big-stuff' [Vulcan, Hunter] or LAA [(small/old/home-built/etc.]).

There is no such thing as an LAA Permit to Fly, just Permits to Fly issued by either CAA or EASA that are administered by LAA.

Some aircraft are eligible for an EASA Permit to Fly (some 'orphan types' with a pan-European 'tilt but I can't quote any and, I think, some ELA machines).