The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You may be better looking for the degrees of taper. there are certain standardised engineering items, such as taper-pins and Woodruff keys which have standard cutters/drills/reamers/broaches (not to be confused with brooches! ) google / ebay .

As you don't state the length of the cutter-faces, the steepness if the taper is a mystery. It would also help if you stated the application, thus eliminating or confirming a custom-made tool.
cockney steve wrote:You may be better looking for the degrees of taper. there are certain standardised engineering items, such as taper-pins and Woodruff keys which have standard cutters/drills/reamers/broaches (not to be confused with brooches! ) google / ebay .

As you don't state the length of the cutter-faces, the steepness if the taper is a mystery. It would also help if you stated the application, thus eliminating or confirming a custom-made tool.

It's a number 2 reamer. He does mention that, and that gives all the details needed. :D
seanjd liked this
cockney steve wrote:Ah, thanks Golf Hotel, I must learn to move my lips when I'm reading, that way, I'll not miss important things.

@ seanjd Apologies are proffered .

No worries CS. I was a toolmaker in the aircraft industry many moons ago. Not been on the tools since the 80's when I moved to design. But overall I'm a bit of a geek ref such details. Sad really.