The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Mine is routed through the master switch and functions as a perfectly normal Turn Indicator.

Enabling wing levelling mode, and indeed CDI tracking, doesn't stop it functioning as a Turn Indicator.

If you are saying that yours is permanently acting as a wing leveller, then you have a serious dangerous fault with your aeroplane that needs sorting out.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The wing levelling function being u/s per se doesn't stop it acting as a TI, providing there are no other faults with the basic gyro set up.

If it's not working as a TI either, then it needs attention anyway. It should already be wired, via a fuse/CB, an on/off toggle and a yoke mounted override, to your master switch.
The most likely failure in the Century I is the gyro, and if that is TU then the T and B will not work.
The gyro is a rather odd contrivance that uses a photo cell and a source of illumination to check rotation.
Early versions had a stand alone light source, later ones had a photo device with internal illumination. One of mine lost the internal illumination, but would still work if I piped a light source in. Too much trouble to do, so I used my other unit!