The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By dilbert
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hi Folks,

Has anyone managed to fit either of the Garmin G5/GI275 replacement instruments in the HSI position and connect to this Navomatic 300A autopilot?
The G5 install manual does not list the 300A as being compatible but the 300 and 300B seems to be OK.

Many thanks

Dilbert
wigglyamp wrote:I’ve interfaced a G5 to the Navomatic in a C182. Needs a transformer in the wiring between the GAD29b and Autopilot but works fine for Heading and GPSS. I have a wiring diagram if you PM me.

Hello, I am looking at the same project and would love the wiring diagram if possible.

if you could email it to me dickair@me.com

Cheers

Richard
wigglyamp wrote:I’ve interfaced a G5 to the Navomatic in a C182. Needs a transformer in the wiring between the GAD29b and Autopilot but works fine for Heading and GPSS. I have a wiring diagram if you PM me.

Hi Wigglyamp, May I request the wiring diagram for this. Trying to interface a Navomatic 300A with a G5. Thanks very much.
By wigglyamp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
fgtarcelo wrote:

Hi Wigglyamp, May I request the wiring diagram for this. Trying to interface a Navomatic 300A with a G5. Thanks very much.

PM'd you