A place where members of the forum community can offer their non aviation services, a way of helping each other out, or making sure that when you pay for a product or service that some of it might get spent on flying! This is a community service, so if you register just to sell your service or product you can expect to get donked.
By willflyer
Am I alone?

I sent the following email to Flyer Connect:
I'm afraid that I'm a bit of a dinosaur (pterodactyl might be more accurate since they could fly) and find this change very confusing.
I have had my e-mail address as 'w@bryce.flyer.co.uk' and my wife as 'j@bryce.flyer.co.uk' very happily for many years and wonder where these great improvements leave me. I get my broadband (acceptably) through TalkTalk (formerly Tiscali) in a package with free all-week telephone calls.
Strangely, perhaps, I don't seem to have a need for any of the very extensive facilities offered.
I would be grateful if you would advise me of what options I have. Do I now have to pay £1.25 per month for my e-mail address?
... and received the following reply:
................................................................................
Unfortunately we are no longer able to provide free accounts to people who do not have a broadband connection from us. We are upgrading the flyer accounts to support such things as webmail, configurable antivirus and antispam and will be offering a free access for a limited time to the new services so that you can see the benefits before signing up. We don't want to populate the service with advertising or force people into using webmail (with ads) but we are unable to provide the service free of charge anymore as the cost of providing the service was covered by the revenue generated by the access products that we sold (dial up accounts and broadband). For further information please have a look at http://internet.flyer.co.uk
....................................................................................
That answer was generated by a brain-dead machine (human or otherwise). Changing one's email address is a major personal operation and I feel very disappointed that, having happily advertised 'Flyer' for all these years, it seems that they are now giving me a few days to simply pay up or bog off.

I'd be grateful for any more constructive help, folks.
By willflyer
[Duplicate threads merged]

Am I alone?

I sent the following email to Flyer Connect:
I'm afraid that I'm a bit of a dinosaur (pterodactyl might be more accurate since they could fly) and find this change very confusing.
I have had my e-mail address as 'w@bryce.flyer.co.uk' and my wife as 'j@bryce.flyer.co.uk' very happily for many years and wonder where these great improvements leave me. I get my broadband (acceptably) through TalkTalk (formerly Tiscali) in a package with free all-week telephone calls.
Strangely, perhaps, I don't seem to have a need for any of the very extensive facilities offered.
I would be grateful if you would advise me of what options I have. Do I now have to pay £1.25 per month for my e-mail address?
... and received the following reply:
................................................................................
Unfortunately we are no longer able to provide free accounts to people who do not have a broadband connection from us. We are upgrading the flyer accounts to support such things as webmail, configurable antivirus and antispam and will be offering a free access for a limited time to the new services so that you can see the benefits before signing up. We don't want to populate the service with advertising or force people into using webmail (with ads) but we are unable to provide the service free of charge anymore as the cost of providing the service was covered by the revenue generated by the access products that we sold (dial up accounts and broadband). For further information please have a look at http://internet.flyer.co.uk
....................................................................................
That answer was generated by a brain-dead machine (human or otherwise). Changing one's email address is a major personal operation and I feel very disappointed that, having happily advertised 'Flyer' for all these years, it seems that they are now giving me a few days to simply pay up or bog off.

I'd be grateful for any more constructive help, folks.
By Keef
It's not quite like that. Flyer has been providing free internet for a very long time, but as broadband has superseded dial-up internet it's no longer viable. There's a thread about it here.