Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

Thanks, this is very useful. How about changing the title to something like "Everything you wanted to know about flying abroad but were afraid to ask" and adding some more links - there's some great contributions around the forum and it would be good to have links all in one place.
I have never had any problems getting my refund despite having a (UK-based) German registered aircraft - but does anyone know if continental pilots visiting the UK can also make a claim? I'm organising a fly-in shortly and some of the visitors will be from across the Channel and might well be interested if they can!

PS - as regards Mixfours's request above for other cross-channel info, Dave White's excellent documents "Want going Foreign Info? (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66162937/Posted_Files/Why_Not_Fly_to_France_2016-v4.4.pdf )and French RT Kneeboard (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66162937/Posted_Files/Why_Not_Fly_to_France_2016-v4.4.pdf) should be just what you are after!
The only issue with this 'online' form is that it has to be printed, signed and sent in the post, 7 pages 4 if you can print 2 sides.
Hardly online by today's standards, bearing in mind that many people completed tax returns, vat etc online.
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Its a bit of a faff the first time round as you need to save the PDF and then use a PDF editor (I used an on-line one) then save the result and use the edit and sign option in Adobe to alter it each time you need to make a claim.
Ah, thanks, I thought you meant there was a "direct" way to save a version that coudl be updated for each future trip, but the method you suggest still sounds worth doing.
Have been trying to fill in this form all morning and the website keeps crashing before you can print the form. I then notice this is a BETA version.
You have to retype the address of suppliers even if it is the same one, you cant save details which are the same each time.
Typical Government IT rubbish designed to frustrate people into not claiming.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
If it has to be printed out and signed and sent by post, what was wrong with the old one which I have lurking on my hard drive? And can you still use it?

Tech is supposed to make your life easier, not harder and complicate things... :roll:

Regards. SD..