Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
First thing you need to be aware of is that GA parking is limited, and that they require 48hrs notice by Email if you intend to visit for more than just fuel/customs etc. and the address is in the VAC.

Getting there in the SW corner of France is easy if you follow the coast, especially on a weekend when most of the restricted areas "owned by" Cazeaux are closed, but I went during the week and found the controllers really helpfull and happy to let you through. The coastal route takes you over the Bassin d'Arcachon which looks absolutely beautiful from the air, is quiet during the week when the restricted areas are active, but a real honey pot on weekends and so talking to Aquitaine info (as Cazeaux is closed) is a must.

On arrival at Bairritz you need to know the VRPs in the VAC. I found that being "on the ball" with VRPs together with ETA's to the next one etc. had them squeeze me in before an arriving EasyJet 737 and departing Air France A320, where-as I heard a guy rambling in french "au sud" being asked to hold clear for a while.... After parking up on your alloted numbered space at Alpha parking, you exit the airport following the signs down the sliproad next to the tower via a dedicated GA entrance/exit open 24/7 - Remember!! You will need ID & licence to get back in!! Outside, its a 1 minute walk to the main terminal for taxi or bus to town. We took the bus (no 14) - one way bus ticket is 1 Euro (yes, only 1) and they go at least every 30 mins. There is a minimum landing fee/day parking charge for GA, which was 30.40 Euros inc VAT. This is paid at the GA office on the western end of the GA Alpha parking area. There are also a couple of offices there for flight planning too, though I didnt use them.

I really enjoyed my day out there, and will be going back.

Regards, SD..
Last edited by skydriller on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Probably!
:wink: