Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By metro99
Had to fly in recently for fuel in company aircraft as home base had run dry of fuel....couldn't be more helpful..even when we cheekily returned with more thirsty aircraft through the day
By chevvron
metro99 wrote:Had to fly in recently for fuel in company aircraft as home base had run dry of fuel....couldn't be more helpful..even when we cheekily returned with more thirsty aircraft through the day

Glad we were able to help. I've suggested a return to the 'old' system of waiving the landing fee if you uplift fuel but to no avail.
When I first started working there, based aircraft had to uplift fuel from Blackbushe as the then airport operator had failed to pay the bill to the fuel supplier.
By chevvron
2 new helicopter schools opening at Fairoaks, Elite Helicopters on 15 Jun and Cotswold Helicopter Centre on 1 July.
By chevvron
From 4 to 18 Jul incl, whenever Farnborough RA(T) #1 is active, all circuits will be to the north of the airfield and departures from runway 24 must carry out a right turn and depart via OCK not above 1400ft, unless a departure to the west can be co-ordinated with Farnborough.
By chevvron
metro99 wrote:That's surprising...thought heliar has departed because the rent was hiked up...

That's the reason for HeliAir departing so I was told - the new owners of the GAMA hangar and adjacent offices hiked the rent; I hasten to add they're nothing to do with Fairoaks Operations Ltd who run the airfield so the increase does not go toward improving airfield facilities.
CHC and Elite will be occupying the old Alan Mann Helicopters building previously part occupied by Heli Air.
By chevvron
Taxiway closure and reduced declared distances 19 - 22 Oct incl.
NOTAMs L5862, 5863 and 5864 refer.
By chevvron
Pilot controlled lighting installed r/w 06 and 24.
Condition s of use on application to AD Authority.