Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By joe-fbs
Odd that there seems to be no ATIS entry given the amount of chat about the place elsewhere in these august halls. Anyway, I haven't been yet but I am looking at the possibility of flying in when I have business on the airfield in a few weeks time. Looking at the airport website, the GA page was not easy to find so here is a link:

http://www.bournemouthairport.com/bohwe ... alaviation

The only agent allowed is Bournemouth Handling

info at flydorset dot com

For a 152, landing, all-day parking, handling (including coffee and a lift round the airfield to my meeting) they have just quoted me, as near as makes no difference, fifty pounds. About thirteen pounds less if parking for less than four hours.

I didn't get the exact figure but for a Warrior, it would be about another twenty pounds.

PS added 19th April: having now been there by road twice they aren't very friendly to fare paying passengers either. The approach to the terminal is a mass of bollards, barriers, piles of earth and aggressive notices telling people that by even driving up the road they will be charged two pounds fifty just to drop passengers somewhere near the terminal. It must be nice to have a business so successful it can be this rude to the people who buy its product.