Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Steve H
Located on the west coast of the mainland of Denmark, about 'halway up', about 30nm north west of Billund (it all sounds like Ikea furniture to me).

Stauning airfield on the west coast of the Danish mainland

The airfield plates say the airfield information (i.e. manning of the tower) is not available on weekends, but they are happy for you to land giving blinds calls etc., it is just that you won't be able to get any fuel if the airfield is unmanned. It was certainly very quiet when we visited and it seems like one of those large and beautifully equipped aifields that just is very quiet!

For fuel, ask in the pilots reception at the base of the tower for the fuel key and follow the instructions. Pay back at rreception using either cash or credit / debit cards.

They have a free internet PC for flight planning and free WiFi if you brought your own stuff, just ask them for the password.

The Danish air museum is just out through reception, then walk down the road 400m and it is there on your left (you can see it in the above aerial photo). This is a beautiful clean and sparkling place with some great aircraft that you can get right up to, but again, is strangely very quiet. I particularly liked seeing and toucing the Starfighter's famous razor sharp wing leading edges, OK, you can't shve with them, but you could actually cut yourself if you are not careful!

Danish air museum 400m down the road from the airport terminal

File flight plans with the guys in the pilot reception area. A very friendly and very helful bunch of people, very laid back place. Well worth a visit.
By akg1486
Steve's post is almost four years old now, so let me just say that the airfield is still very nice and the museum is still well worth a visit. For such a small place, it is an astonishingly big museum with all the exhibits nice and clean.

/Peter