Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By The Westmorland Flyer
Based myself at CA for a couple of days this week while visiting family in Poole. Lovely airfield and super helpful staff, even better, if that was possible, than my last visit way back in 2007. Many improvements, including the "double decker" club house and UL91 from a static bowser.
By malcolmfrost
Went there for the first time today, what a super place. Great runway, like landing on a snooker table. Restaurant was packed, food good and reasonable.
By davey
[quote="malcolmfrost"] Great runway, like landing on a snooker table..quote]

Yes it is a great place but, smooth runway ? I guess you used R08, because R26 has huge bumps 150m ish in from the numbers, shake yer fillings loose if you're not careful :eye:
By malcolmfrost
Top tip :D :D
I did use 08. Trees are a bit interesting on finals, went for a Popham style offset approach....
By davey
AH HA , the trees are no problem if you come in high and steep and avoid the sink over the Vale, depends on what you fly I suppose. 8)

Edit to say - I would only use an offset approach if doing a low level ( 300ft AAL) bad Wx circuit, and at 811ft Amsl this can happen quite regularly. :)
By malcolmfrost
If you order food at the ops desk, apparently they "fast track" your order. Once again very welcoming, runway (08) in good condition now after a bit of drying out.