Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By fishermanpaul
** In no way does this post suggest that the bsi-abbeville email address is the way to go - merely that I've done it twice and not been arrested
*Copy of my post into GA forum

Brilliant trip to Abbeville today.

I did the usual (via Skydemon - oh-so-easy!) flight-plans and GAR for the return. Also sent email to the bsi-abbeville address for inbound customs.

On arrival Abbeville guy was at lunch (possibly 1300-1400 local) so:
+33 5 57 92 60 84 to close the flight plan - she spoke good English
03 22 27 15 80 for a taxi into town. Also arranged a pick up from the Carre-four at an arranged time (GCSE level Francais required) and he showed exactement on time. E12 each way.

Just before we got into the taxi to town Abbeville guy arrived and took the E8 landing fee. He also was there for departure and wished us bon voyage.

It is A/A french frequency so bone-up on your "verticale", "vente arriere", "finale" etc. It is also an active gliding field so be aware of tugs and gliders operating somewhere other than the HUGE 02/20 tarmac that you'll be using.
By Rob P
Another taxi option. Swish, unmarked dark coloured Audi. Friendly driver speaks enough English to make a phone call easy enough. 14 euro to town, arrives when he says he will.

Taxi Hubert 00 33 672 075 718