Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Dodo
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I was looking for the customs notification page on the website. Has it moved or gone? Is there an email? Thanks
By Rob P
All that can now be seen on the website is a cut-price RayBan offer.

Looks like the hackers have been busy.

Rob P
By alex calais LFAC
Hello,

Our website is available now!

Declaration of the flight plan to the customs: http://www.aeroport.capcalaisis.fr/pilo ... tom-forms/

And you can always send us an email if needed: aeroport.cl-dk@agglo-calaisis.fr

Phone of AFIS agent in the control tower: +33 (0)321001100

Phone of firefighters: +33 (0)321195682

Phone of office / landing fees: T +33 (0)321195680 Fax +33 (0)321356477

Hope to see you / see again

Alex
Last edited by alex calais LFAC on Fri May 27, 2016 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
By BlackheathBloke
Looks nice, but the Franglais section has disappeared? :D
By Dodo
We stopped at Calais yesterday on way back from Lelystad. Very helpful and welcoming as always.
By hegemon88
My very pleasant first experience of landing at LFAC (and taking up cheap AvGas) in September 2015 seems to have very unpleasant consequences. Direction Generale des Finances Publiques is threatening to take legal action against me to recover the €10 landing fee I haven't paid. The problem is... I have paid it, together with €300 for AvGas, directly to Alex who visits this thread frequently. Sadly, the airport authorities haven't answered my emails challenging the debt, which I sent weeks ago after receiving the Titre Executoire.

All this results from an error - an additional invoice was issued with my name and aircraft details, correct destination and incorrect origin. When you take both invoices and look at landing and take-off times, it looks like my PA28 (and consequently me) has the power of bilocation. Wow!

Since the French authorities have now been involved in this and the case went to the next level, I guess I will now have to pay for the landing that never took place. Visitors beware - always demand a receipt for your payment and keep the invoice you get from them.

/h88
By GrahamB
What a pain.

I had a similar duplicate invoice problem with Rouen a few years ago, but a quick phone call to the admin office there soon resolved it, I received an apology and the matter ended there.
By alex calais LFAC
hegemon88 wrote:My very pleasant first experience of landing at LFAC (and taking up cheap AvGas) in September 2015 seems to have very unpleasant consequences. Direction Generale des Finances Publiques is threatening to take legal action against me to recover the €10 landing fee I haven't paid. The problem is... I have paid it, together with €300 for AvGas, directly to Alex who visits this thread frequently. Sadly, the airport authorities haven't answered my emails challenging the debt, which I sent weeks ago after receiving the Titre Executoire.

All this results from an error - an additional invoice was issued with my name and aircraft details, correct destination and incorrect origin. When you take both invoices and look at landing and take-off times, it looks like my PA28 (and consequently me) has the power of bilocation. Wow!

Since the French authorities have now been involved in this and the case went to the next level, I guess I will now have to pay for the landing that never took place. Visitors beware - always demand a receipt for your payment and keep the invoice you get from them.
/h88

Unfortunately, this is the problem of the French administration !

If you received an "Titre exécutoire" from Direction des finances publiques, is that you have not take a full stop or there was nobody in the office for take the bill. I am sorry for that.

Is it you who came on April 20 to pay my bill at the office?

If so, the wrong invoice was canceled! It just takes time that management of public finance cancels raises!

If that's not you, give me the invoice number , the number of "Titre exécutoire" and your email address to correct the problem.

After that I'll pay you a coffee or a beer for compensation :cheers:
mick w liked this
By hegemon88
Alex and others,

It's only fair that I promptly post here again to say that once you personally became aware of the duplicate invoice, the matter was settled in less than 24 hours. Thank you very much for that! It restores my trust and willingness to visit LFAC again :)

If you received an "Titre exécutoire" from Direction des finances publiques, is that you have not take a full stop or there was nobody in the office for take the bill. I am sorry for that.

This is not the only possibility - as you will now know, I spent 2 hours at your airfield, taking up fuel and having lunch, and you took my payment, so it wasn't a "no-show". Somehow the other (duplicate) invoice was generated against my aircraft registration, and couldn't have been linked to any payment - so the recovery procedures were initiated.

I do sincerely hope your Airport will review the case for future reference, as you can imagine how stressed I was when I unexpectedly received an official document from French authorities without any prior warning :shock:

Thanks again for all your help,

/h88
By hegemon88
GrahamB wrote:What a pain.

I had a similar duplicate invoice problem with Rouen a few years ago, but a quick phone call to the admin office there soon resolved it, I received an apology and the matter ended there.

Part of the problem was that Calais Airport never chased me for payment and the first time I became aware of the issue was when the Titre Executoire landed in my post, 5 months later.

All sorted now, if only every airfield had someone like Alex!

/h88
By GrahamB
Hi Alex,

I'm expecting to stop by tomorrow, arriving 1000Z IFR from the UK, stopping for lunch and then on to Munster-Osnabruck. I am aware that at least one other Forumite is planning to be there at around the same time.

I saw the NOTAM requiring 24Hr PPR for IFR, and sent both a mail and a message via the web form yesterday evening. I've not received any acknowledgement yet; can I assume all is OK? Customs request is also submitted already.

We'll be planning to depart VFR to EDDG assuming conditions allow.

It will be good to meet you!

(By the way, the number for the Tower you give above is wrong - it goes to a local shop; I think it should end 1100, not 1000 !)