Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By alex calais LFAC
Re-Hello GrahamB
I have not read the forum yesterday (big work day)
I was happy to meet you!

For the customs form, we receive them correctly but do not send an acknowledgment of receipt (too much work more)
If we do not receive you have a message for that!

The control Tower Number is +33(0)3 21 00 11 00 when the afis is Inside (not 10 00) :mrgreen:

See you at your retrun :salut:
By BlackheathBloke
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Anyone know how easy it is to get a hire car delivered/collected from the airport?

Need to go into Lens next week, but looks like the French have locked down the airspace so might be a lot simpler to park up at Calais (where I was going to stop for Customs anyway) and drive to Lens and back. Only need a car for about 6 or 7 hours to get to the match and back.
By Rob P
It is relatively uncomplicated.

Alex has a contact with a hire company in Calais centre.

He fixes he deal, you arrive at Calais, hop on the bus from Marck to the centre (1 euro) and pick up your rental vehicle there.

Simples.

Rob P
By BlackheathBloke
Thanks Alex/Rob P,

Just recovering from a weekend dodging mad Russians in Marseille, will be sorting out Thursday's trip later today. :thumleft:
By Rob P
ROB'S EASY GUIDE TO USING CALAIS DUNKERQUE

1) Land and pay realistic landing fee. Possibly say "Bonjour" to Alex.

2) Visit the airfield bar / cafe and award yourself a coffee and your passengers the tipple of their choice

3) Walk about ten minutes down the rural Avenue de l'Aeroport

4) Arrive in the Town Hall Square (Place de la Marie) and admire the town hall.

5) Turn around and enter the convenient brasserie, award yourself a coffee and your passengers the tipple of their choice

6) In between the two is this natty little bus shelter and line of Boris bikes. Alex may be able to point you at the online registration site to use the bikes.

7) Consult the useful timetable which shows how frequently buses leave for Calais town centre, or even Cite Europe if you are that way inclined. About every 15 or twenty minutes, maybe even enough time for another coffee?

8 ) When bus arrives climb aboard. Give cheery driver a euro coin for each of you, or two euro if headed for Cite. Sit back, enjoy the ride. Nice clear annunciator shows which stop you are reaching next. To disembark simply press one of the many little buttons scattered about and a panel lights up saying that an arrête has been demanded at the next stop.

Note: After 12 stops, at J. Denis (abbreviation), you are 100 yards from the aviator's friend. An Ibis Budget.

Could it be any easier?

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Rob P
Very short walk from Cite Europe to the Eurotunnel where you'll find just outside the humungous big fence some nice chaps who'll fix you the return trip. But it does cost a little more than a euro and may be a bit uncomfortable.
alex calais LFAC liked this
By African Skies
I considered dropping in for Fuel on my way back from Chambery to Newcastle on Monday but was defeated by a NOTAM saying fuel was not available on Mondays. I went via Le Touquet instead.

Outbound on the 2nd July, I passed overhead on my way to refuel at Lille (which was a recommendation of a friend). I had pre-arranged Fuel the night before and was told to give Lille a reminder call passing Merville to make sure there would be someone to fuel me. I ended up spending 2h45 waiting and was about to launch off to Reims when the fueler eventually turned up. This was what coloured my choice of Calais for the return trip however as mentioned, the NOTAM put paid to that!
Edit the reason for going to Lille instead of Calais was mainly because of a poor forecast for Calais that day.
By skydriller
African Skies wrote: a reminder call passing Merville to make sure there would be someone to fuel me. I ended up spending 2h45 waiting and was about to launch off to Reims when the fueler eventually turned up
You landed at 12:15 didn't you... :pig: :wink:
Rob P liked this