Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
map5623 wrote:
Rob P wrote:I've never had a moment's problem at Calais on non-AFIS days using Dave's cheat-sheetRob

Is there an online copy?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzc5ik02xz36l8d/French%20RT%20Calls.pdf?dl=0

Or do a forum search for Dave W's posts (e.g. here) and click on the three dots at the bottom of the post. It exposes the sig. There are links there. Well worth looking at the others.
Dave W liked this
By Rob P
Sunday I was returning to the UK from St Omer and duly sent my notification to the douaniers. Three of them had met me on Wednesday on the inbound leg, checked documents, searched all my luggage and even questioned the purpose of The Claw.

I was dodging weather and did the leg from St Omer through a short break in the low cloud and drizzle, arriving in Calais two hours before my notified departure time for the UK

No response from the tower so I made my halting 'jolibois' calls and pulled off a stunner of a landing. Taxied in and ...

... closed up, locked, deserted, tumbleweed blowing through the car park. Eventually found a nice guy at the aeroclub who made me a coffee and allowed me to remain until he had to leave, and then I went and sat in the aircraft watching perfectly decent weather pass by until the declared hour.

The moment that came I was off. So fazed that I was halfway across The English Channel before I remembered that my lifejacket, strobe and PLB were still behind the seats.

The upside? No landing fee, :D

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GrahamB
alex calais LFAC wrote:the Calais team present you its best wishes and a blue sky for 2020!

And to start this new year well, a little surprise awaits you in mid-January :)

Tic Tac Tic Tac :mrgreen:

Goodee, free mints.

Happy New Year to the Calais team!
By Rob P
Mid-January is just two days off :shock:

Rob P
By Dodo
I see Calais is notamed as having resident customs Tue-Sat 08:00 to 13:00 till the end of March inferring no ppr required during these times. This may be the surprise!
A le Ron liked this
By mikehallam
Thanks Alex,

My French is not much cop, but great news and an incentive to land to fly to Calais and spend one's Euros in town

Seems Lines 1,2,3 & 4 are all free for 2020.
Line One from Marck runs every 1/4 hr.. There's a small map, but couldn't quite see when it starts /finishes in a day.
Murky and cold in southern U.K. & the airstrip s too soft, so light a/c flight for fun is not very attractive.
By alex calais LFAC
mikehallam wrote:Thanks Alex,

My French is not much cop, but great news and an incentive to land to fly to Calais and spend one's Euros in town

Seems Lines 1,2,3 & 4 are all free for 2020.
Line One from Marck runs every 1/4 hr.. There's a small map, but couldn't quite see when it starts /finishes in a day.
Murky and cold in southern U.K. & the airstrip s too soft, so light a/c flight for fun is not very attractive.

Hi Mike, all the lines of the bus trafic map are free! :alien:

Map of the line 1B (airport line) :study:

Times table of the Line 1 (A&B)

Map of all the lines (Click to enlarge)
2Donkeys liked this
By alex calais LFAC
Last update: TOTAL Automatic fuel pump is operational!

You now need: French total card for Avgas or international total card for jet A1 for FUEL H24.

During our opening hours: total card or Visa card and now American Express card (cash payment will no longer be possible for fuel)

Our afis agent is progressing in his career and has chosen another control tower: we wish him good continuation and a nice development in his work. We are looking for a replacement for next year and the Airport Director will take the frequency from time to time while waiting for his arrival

:-D