Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Simon
Approach to the airport is via various entry points. Announce intentions on first call-up. You are mixing with the airlines here so expect 360's, extended circuits and requests to expedite. That said, ATC is excellent and even as a slowish moving single I never felt stressed (although I wonder if the same would be said by the pilots trying to avoid me! :P ).

As a visitor, you will be directed to the main runway, the shorter runway is for based aircraft only. From there, one will be directed to the GA parking which is in area F. Confusingly these areas are also sub-divided into letters for parking. I didn't realise that and made for the wrong spot to begin with until the error of my ways was pointed out. Felt better when I saw the next aircraft do exactly the same thing!

There is a further frequency change if you require fuel, and I was very impressed with the fuel truck turning up before I'd opened the canopy, and with Jet A1 which is usually not obvious for a light single, but spot on. Top marks there.

Dedicated terminal for GA. All in costs for Saturday to Saturday parking plus all other fees was a few cents short of €50.

Plenty of hire car options. EuropCar had a queue that looked like the rest of the afternoon could be spent awaiting one's steed....the rest were quieter.

Departure is very straight forward. Announce exit point and altitude required and that's pretty much it. I was given an immediate clearance and seemed to slot nicely between a departing Ait France and an arriving Ruin Air flight.

The approach or departure over the lagoon is stunning.
By Colin G
Any updates? Possibly stopping off on the way to Verona.