Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Flasheart
Dropped in yesterday at around 15:20.
Was a lovely day in the end, wind was 15/120 gusting to 20 right down the runway, so made for a sporty landing!
Propeller Inn was full so ended up somewhere else; but looks to be lively and popular now it's reopen. A few other aircraft on the ground when we arrived which had disappeared by the time we left so must've been a popular spot!
By malcolmfrost
Went yesterday for the first time since the old “terminal” closed. PPR on the website, £18 for a PA28. Park Northside. A couple of cafes at Whitecliff bay about 10 min walk away, nicer walk/beach than Sandown! Wonky Cafe is shutting in a couple of weeks as the leaseholder is giving up. Beach Cafe shut. You can access through the Sandhills holiday park.
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
+1 for Bembridge. Went on Sunday, had lunch outside at the Propeller Inn (all tables inside were booked for all three sittings when I phoned at 10am), but as it was so warm and sunny, outside was nicer anyway and although it was very busy the service wasn't unreasonably slow at all.

18 quid for four seaters is a little on the steep side, but I don't mind supporting them. It's a short, pleasant walk to the second best beach I've been to in years, and just generally Jolly Nice.

Note: their web site says they do Sunday lunch till 3.45, but actually they stopped doing food at 3.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
TopCat wrote:Note: their web site says they do Sunday lunch till 3.45, but actually they stopped doing food at 3.

This is one of my pet peeves...that somewhere advertises stuff and then chooses to do something else. Especially when I haven't eaten all day, or sometimes much of the previous day.

It's really inexcusable and shows very poor regard for customers.