Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Welshy747
I flew into Sturgate on Saturday and would like to thank the people there for the hospitality. A small airfield but a nice run from Cranfield (home base) and very reasonable (£5) landing fee!

I would recommend to anyone who fancies trying somewhere different.

Cheers
Matt
By pilotbarry
Unfortunately we don't do much in the way of food at Sturgate but we have a good pub about 2 miles away. If you are lucky you can get a lift to and from the pub but there are bikes available to transport you. We never get very busy and we are very positive about visitors. You were unlucky if someone bothered to collect a landing fee.
By 140kias
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flew into day. Lovely place and friendly welcome. Fuel was well priced at £1.20 + VAT however we hadnt reckoned to them only accepting cash and cheques :(
By Bathman
Great airfield one of my favorites. Shame it's not busier and it's a shame it's no longer licensed. Hopefully that won't be needed in the near future and when thats the case I be in there all the time.
By Bathman
Now that there is no requirement for a licensed airfield for ab initio training. Does anyone now if Licncoln aero club have started to offer PPL training?
By Iceman
I visited on friday for the first time in about 10 years (dropping an aircraft off for respray). Nice friendly welcome. Watch out for R313 (Scampton) in close proximity to the south east; it became active just as we were flying up its western edge with the Reds coming out to play, as notified by Waddington to whom we were talking.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
Spitmunk wrote:Hi Iceman, would the aircraft, that you were dropping off, happen to be a Commander 114?

No, it was our Robin HR100. Our Commander 112TC has gone to Doncaster for respray.

Iceman 8)
By Bathman
Visited today. I have to say the place was buzzing and super friendly.

What's happened has there been a revolution?

Really nice facility
By mick w
Yes , great place now , if you keep away from the Control Tower , some very strange people in there . :wink: :thumright: