Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: GlosOps, deltacharlie

By Waveflyer
Situated in Irelands 'midlands' in gorgeous countryside complete with river, canal and nearby lakes. Easy to find with a long hard runway and good parking. Among the friendliest greeting that you could get and bargain price of 15 euros for landing and parking (SEP). Plenty of good advice about the local flying scene and use of the club house and all facilities.

Abbeyshrule is a small village about a mile away, set alongside the Royal Canal with plenty of places to walk.

Teddy, one of the airfield co-owners recommended the lodge, his sisters house opposite the Rustic Inn. The lodge was 35 euros pp ensuite and a true Irish breakfast, no good for weight watchers. The Inn, I think it was owned by Teddy, served an excellent selection of good food all reasonably priced. I'm told the Guinness was drinkable and drinkable and........hic (Irish accent). And if you want a taxi to and from the lodge, that's Teddy as well but he won't let you pay.

Fabulous place and should be on your 'must do' list.
Six of us visited and we are all looking forward to a return trip.
Thanks Abbeyshrule. :D

The local canal 50 yards from the pub and lodge.

All safe and sound

After breakfast
Last edited by Waveflyer on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Rich T
Seconded as one of the others on the same trip. Delightful place. I'm in the process of writing a trip report.