Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Katamarino
Looking at coming in here overnight from Rotterdam on Sept 5th. Anyone got any info, or based here and feels like a drink? I have found the website so have that info, just after any local knowledge!
By joe-fbs
I used it for circuits recently (post-PPL conversion, it's not licensed so no pre-PPL training.) GBP 20 for as many landings as we liked (take-offs are free!). I think it's something like GBP 12 for just one landing. It was a weekend evening so there was hardly anyone around but those that were seemed friendly. There was a pleasant looking eatery and lots of nice hard surface runway. Oxford APP are helpful on the way in (thinking about the direction you are probably arriving from Kat', routing direct over Oxford airfield keeps you between Weston DA and Brize Zone). Brize is a LARS if it is open. I have thought that Brize is around and offering traffic service at the weekends more than it used to. There is UAS / AEF / VGS flying in the area so maybe this is in reaction to the two collisons earlier this year.

Anyway, Enstone, seems very nice to me.

As an out-of-town visitor, have you noticed that Enstone is in the middle of nowhere? Oxford airfield is close to the bright lights and cheap for small aircraft landings at the weekend. I did circuits there on Saturday evening when all the small fields were closed, very helpful and almost no biz jets around, just a Hercules circling Weston (and a Hercules is quite visible!).
By Katamarino
Thanks Joe, that's helpful! I have been into Kidlington and Bicester before, but Enstone happens to be very close to the people I'm visiting :) Will have all day on the Saturday to waffle around, so hopefully can find some Flyer forumites to go and see in East Anglia on the way!
By Flyin'Dutch'
Lovely place but totally in the middle of nowhere; nice pub a short car ride away in the village.
By vintage ATCO
Air display at Old Warden on the 6th (Sunday) if you are passing.
By 140kias
I remember doing some rally driving as part of a coporate jolly there quite a few years back. Someone was doing some touch and go's. This was way before I started learning to fly. I remember being quite facinated. I wonder if this is what's to blame for my ever decreasing bank balance ?
By Rob P
Drive-It-All.

I was Business Development Manager / Instructor there 1994-6

Rob P
By 140kias
Would probably have been 95/96. Great day out. Hope you werent my instructor. When I got a bit out of shape he shouted 'let go' meaning power off. However I took him literally and let go the steering wheel. Dont think it made much difference though I as had already lost control.
By joe-fbs
and, I discovered this week, if you just want to do T&Gs and are short of time, payment can be made in advance by plastic over the 'phone.

Pooley's is ambiguous but someone posted in the Oxford thread that Enstone is available for departures until 1930 local which is pretty useful.
By Rob P
140kias wrote:Hope you weren't my instructor.

No they wouldn't trust me with the Toyotas. I was strictly Landrovers, Pilots and Quads.

Rob P
By Ian Melville
Price rises have finally caught up with Enstone.
AVGAS is now £1.68 inc VAT
JetA1 still £0.70 inc VAT (rotary rotors running refuel PPR)