Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By loopylune
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
HI Guys,
Thought you may like to know that within a 4 minute drive from Derby Airfield there is a newly built ETAP hotel (cost around £34:00) per room for up to three occupants pernight, bring your granny its only a tenner apiece!
Also on the same site are a 24 hour filling station with full catering, and alcoholic beverages.
A Starbucks, a KFC and a Gastro pub.
The facilites are located on the A38 / A50 junction.
You could now fly into Derby and use the airfield as a base to "fly" the Peak District.
Why not do a "bombing run" down the famous Derwent dams, used for training by 617 for the famous dam busters mission and later used for the film.
Visit Burton on Trent "the home of brewing" visit a local brewery.
Derby take the other half to Crown Derby China
Locally is the Trent and Mersey canal for canal trips from Stenson Bubble.
Local airfields to visit include.
Tatenhill, Hucknall, Nottingham (Tollerton) Netherthorpe, Gamston, Darley Moor.
Great flying, wonderful scenery, friendly full service airfield inc. maintenance.

I am lucky enough to be based at Derby, and have all this on the doorstep with only East Midlands airspace to contend with (Class D) to the north open FIR!!
I felt guilty keeping the news of the now enhanced facilites all to myself.
Fly in and enjoy the low cost facilites!
By clarkeysntfc
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Has anyone got any recent experiences of visits to Derby? I have a friend from University who lives locally and thinking of flying up once the weather improves.
By kui2324
Make sure you call them for PPR.

It's a great airfield but it quite short depending on what you are flying, has a few places to avoid overflying for noise abatement, and has been quite wet of late.