Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Keef
Our aircraft POH states the fuel tank capacity.

I claim for all fuel loaded since last landing from abroad, up to that maximum. If the tanks weren't full on departure (they always are!), I'd claim for what's in them.

Never had a problem in 28 years of channel-crossing.
By Keef
Since there isn't a Le Touquet thread in here, I've copied this one from GA and edited it a bit.

One added note that I didn't see above: there is no TAF for LFAT any more. I look at Lydd and Lille, and interpolate them - but that's not official met forecasting policy. Also be aware that, being coastal, Le Touq does suffer from occasional sudden sea fogs and the like. Be ready to divert!
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Keef wrote:Le Touq does suffer from occasional sudden sea fogs

Yesterday, the fog bank was coast to coast, and on the way in, you could not see any of the sea front, but the ATIS had been giving CAVOK all the way, and the airport / runway was indeed in perfect VMC. The fog bank burnt off during the day.

It was quite weird to see only the top of cargo vessels / super-tankers just sticking out of the fog bank as they went down the channel.

Iceman 8)
By Keef
I usually buy fish soup or wine as well, so not sure exactly at Le Touq, but somewhere around €20 sounds familiar.

Calais similar as I recall - possibly a bit less.

Hi-viz: I've never worn one in France yet.
By holyflyer
Nighthawk - last Sunday at LeTouquet it was 23.50 Euro.

You can pay when you enter (and drop your return flight plan off) or they'll fill your plane up (at your request) with fuel while you head for town and you settle the whole bill on return,
By johnm
they'll fill your plane up (at your request) with fuel while you head for town

Hmmmm, nobody except my engineers puts anything in my aeroplane unless I'm there supervising!
By holyflyer
Hmmmm, nobody except my engineers puts anything in my aeroplane unless I'm there supervising!

Same for me - but as I said they do it at the pilots request. Each to his/her own.

(I always check and dip after the refueller says its full etc, like to see it with my own eyes an actually prefer to fill the beast myself).
By Iceman
The removal of that cross runway was pure aviation vandalism :evil:

Iceman 8)
By XX
I used the cross runway only once. It was very hot, but with a bit of a crosswind on the main runway and there were French taildraggers in the circuit. We climbed out in a tired PA28, temperature gauge reading pretty high, close to all up weight, and I was considering a turn along the river to avoid Etaples because the rooftops looked mighty close. Then ATC called up and asked me to look out for the banner-towing aircraft flying along the river at 500 feet.

It wasn't one of my happier moments in aviation.
By Fright Level
The removal of that cross runway was pure aviation vandalism

Someone told me it was because the mayor lived on the final approach track. Not sure how much, if any, truth in that.
By Steve H
Good seafood restaurants in and around Le Touquet (culled from another thread).

Perard (Le Touquet)

Pecheurs d’Etaples (Etaples)

Nemos next to Aqualud (Le Touquet)

Le Blue Blanc Mer (Le Touquet)