Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By pumuckl
Hello everyone, I'm sure you will all be aware already, but I thought I'd just mention it that the Runway Designators at Humberside will be changing tonight. So from tomorrow (9 April 2009) the runways will no longer be 21/03 and 27/09 but the following:

20/02 and 26/08

Cheers
p. :thumleft:
By pumuckl
Haha, no problem. Noticed there wasn't a thread on Humberside already and thought this would be a good reason to start one.

Happy flying!

Cheers
By RickRouse
Humberside, if you don't call with PPR as a training flight you get charged double landing fee! (As I discovered!!!!!!!!!)
Not really an airport thats exciting to visit, but does have food (although i'd recommend Sandtoft or Sherburn nearby as good places for food), but if your in the area North Coates is a cool and quirky place to visit, minding the danger area.
By mmcp42
I have this picture in my mind whenever I see runways being re-designated

an army of people all struggling to move the runways round "just a bit more at your end" :roll:
By pumuckl
You don't get charged double the landing fee if you don't prebook as a training flight. You just don't get the discount offered to training flights of half the landing fee. You need to be with an instructor though or be on your QXC to get the discount and you need to ring ATC and book in (and out) by phone!

Cheers
By joe-fbs
Went there today. Decent enough place with full facilities. It did cost me 37 quid for a PA28 three-up but with all those facilities and the fact that it stays open after 1800L, it didn't seem unreasonable. The late opening is why we were there since Sandtoft and Gamston close too early for my trip today. Also, it's a lot cheaper than nearby Maid Marion spaceport (Doncaster) which is a lot nearer the family I was visiting but last time I checked would have cost nearer 100 pounds which I do consider unreasonable.

The fact that Humberside is a full commercial airport was not too onerous. They insist on high vis' and you get given a chit to get back airside but that's all. All the ATCO were friendly, especially when I announced that my toe brake pedals went almost to the floor on landing (which I was expecting after my downwind checks).

Next time I go up that way it will probably be by 152 so I might see whether I can use Nine Scores Farm aka Finningley Village.
By joe-fbs
Did a night stop there last Saturday. As friendly and easy to use as before both on the ground and in the air. Traffic service from forty miles out then "Which runway do you want? I'll vector you to a straight in over Scampton".

Landing for a PA28 was GBP 23.40.

Overnight parking was free on the grass (it costs on the apron).

Fuel, 54 litres 100LL was GBP 120 including two pounds credit card fee.

We stayed at The Whistle and Flute in Barnetby and can recommend it.