Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By 140kias
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
If Carlsberg did flying then today was it. Aircraft was ready after its 50. Decided to pick it up and take a slight detour back to base via Coll.

Whilst at Dundee ATC were heard to congratulate a student on first solo.

Phoned Oban for PPR expecting some difficulties - got a delightful lady wishing me a pleasant flight and advising that there would be assistance on the ground to ensure that I parked in a way that wouldn't obstruct the scheduled flight.

Arrived at Coll to be greeted with a handshake from the A/G controller. Whisked away to Coll Hotel for a delightful lunch.

Only slight screwup was on the way back when the words "request Flight Information Service" slipped out before I could stop them. However Scottish took it in their stride.

If you havent been to Coll yet then its a must. The Coll Hotel has just been awared Scottish Island Hotel of the Year for the second year running. Can't wait until the next visit.
Last edited by 140kias on Wed May 13, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NorthSouth
I've been to Colonsay three times now and never paid a landing fee once - and it wasn't for the want of trying either!
NS
By 140kias
NorthSouth wrote:I've been to Colonsay three times now and never paid a landing fee once - and it wasn't for the want of trying either!
NS

Depends who you speak to at Oban when requesting PPR, there's a certain you lady there who is a dab hand with the credit card machine. "which card would you like to pay with" should be her strapline.
By Iceman
NorthSouth wrote:I've been to Colonsay three times now and never paid a landing fee once - and it wasn't for the want of trying either!
NS

I trust that you appreciate that Colonsay is not the same place as Coll.

Iceman 8)
By 140kias
I trust that you appreciate that Colonsay is not the same place as Coll.

Indeed - but equally spectacular. Here is the view on climb out from Colonsay.