Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By rssaero
For less than the landing / handling charge you can land at EGTP, Perranporth. Very good cafe and the cahrge is £0.095 / kg max wt. - works out at £12 or so for a 172 Paying that you can get to Jamie Oliver's place and back by taxi and still save money.....
By Chilli Monster
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
[quote='rssaero']Very good cafe and the cahrge is £0.095 / kg max wt. - works out at £12 or so for a 172 [/quote]

I think you're missing a zero somewhere. Using that formula the landing fee for a C172 is £110 :shock:
By johnm
Went down there today for want of anything better to do. Very friendly reception and landing fee for my PA28 £13.33, fuel at £1.58 per litre a little steep I thought.

We walked along the cliffs for an hour to Perranporth village and enjoyed a very good lunch at Seiners overlooking the beach and then walked an hour back

On a sunny day the cliffs are a delight, Perranporth is a bit naff and I shouldn't think it's very inviting on a poor weather day.
By luckybrazi
Perranporth town is indeed a disappointment, we diverted in to Perranporth on our way to the Scillies so stayed overnight at PP. Nice guys in the tower but the town is best avoided,
By leiafee
Picked up fuel there on the way back from the Scillies in the week. Made a bit of a mess of my first approach -- distracted by the cliffs! Bit disconcerting the first time you come in over those!

Facilities pretty basic, but everyone very friendly and helpful, although we were there at the tail end of the day.
By Ashley
I went there at the beginning of May. Everyone was very helpful. The cliff walk took us over 2 hours I think (so you must have been running along the cliffs !). We landed on 23 and took off on 05 but had to watch out for the parachutists doing regular sorties !

It would be a nice place to stop off and have a break, put on lifejackets, etc for the crossing to the Scillies

By Steve H
Still a very friendly place and very scenic surroundings. Landing fee a trivial £9.00 (for an RV6).

Love the take-off from 27 - straight over a cliff at the end. Would be great coming in on 09.

WiFi available, get the code from the Tower.

The tower with the Avgas pumps behind the large white van on the left

A rather nice memorial near the tower

The airfield on top of the cliff
By Jodelman
Ashley wrote:I went there at the beginning of May. Everyone was very helpful. The cliff walk took us over 2 hours

Just done the walk today along the cliffs and from the tower to the town it took two (past their prime) aviators 65 minutes. Plenty of buses from the main road into the town if you prefer.
By Ashley
Jodelman wrote:
Ashley wrote:I went there at the beginning of May. Everyone was very helpful. The cliff walk took us over 2 hours

Just done the walk today along the cliffs and from the tower to the town it took two (past their prime) aviators 65 minutes. Plenty of buses from the main road into the town if you prefer.

We were stopping to take lots of photos, hence our snails pace !!
By Iceman
Went down for a quick bimble form the Bushe today. Landing fee for the Commander was £15+. No cafe operator now (for the winter at least) due to council cuts.

Iceman 8)
By joe-fbs
We went to Perranporth earlier this week. It is extremely reasonably priced, £15 to land and £7.50 a night parking.

The wartime watch tower now houses a cafe downstairs while upstairs is a lounge area looking over the airfield. Upstairs also has an outside seating area.

There is 100LL. Pump by the tower. I didn't notice any other fuel.

We stayed at the nearby St George Hotel the owners of which came to collect us within a few minutes of me calling. The roads are not suitable for walking along (narrow with high sides) so you do need either to be collected or to find your way on foot around the perimeter track. The hotel is very nice indeed, also very reasonably priced and very convenient for the airfield and the village. We had the attic room, number 6, from which one can see the windsock on the airfield. Breakfast was excellent. The hotel web site is

https://www.stgeorgescountryhousehotel.com

We had a short walk along the cliff tops into the village then wandered around the shops, beach and museum. The town is pleasant enough although it does not have any fancy galleries or shops. We had an early mussels and chips here:

http://www.tywarnhayleinn.co.uk/index

By then it was raining hard so a taxi to the hotel and an evening of Netflix (it’s a very well equipped hotel!).

Departing on 27, it is uphill so all that can be seen is sky. Then just after lift-off, the cliff falls away and the view becomes blue water, cliffs, fields and just general natural beauty, it is magnificent.

Highly recommended airfield and hotel.
A le Ron, TheLodger, Rob P liked this