Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Avgas currently not available - predicted available from C 19th Feb 09 - but not definite.
Also - even when Avgas is available, it is only 09.00 - 17.00 mon-fri - and even this is not reliable. I visited there on 10th Feb and it was very clear that the appointed Avgas supplier (Westair) have little / no interest in serving the GA community. Speaking to local pilots, I was told that even when Westair have stocks of Avgas, they are reluctant to sell it. (Might just be to locals).

Messager - If you need avgas in the west of Ireland - phone ahead - or use Galway. Iwill (and I come from just near Shannon)
By Jonzarno
I can confirm this. I flew to Shannon this weekend and, on Saturday, heard that avgas had been expected last Thursday but had not arrived. When I rang on Monday morning, I was told that there might be some by the end of the week but this could not be guaranteed. In the end, I ended up refuelling elsewhere before returning to the UK.

I would also say that the operations people at Shannon were quite brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble for them, they did everything they could to help and they were a delight to deal with.
By steviem
please could you indicate costs for Shannon. Is it mandatory handling? who did you call etc. I'd love to visit some old mates in Limerick but don't really fancy Coonagh.

Many thanks

Steve
By COLRE
I popped down to Shannon a few days ago for my first visit. Avgas was not available as stated in the notams. What a great welcome though - I was offered an ILS approach if I fancied ( I was VFR) and the ops people were pleasant and helpful. Handling not required as we were picked up to and from the terminal by the folks at the "MAU". It did help to call for PPR the day before using the number in the Irish AIP.
And total cost? Only €13.40, I'll be back.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Shannon still does not have Avgas. ow NOTAMed as not available.
Absolutely disgraceful that the country's second largest airport doesn't have avgas.