Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Flyingfemme
What's the catering like at Rochester now? I haven't visited since they threw SteveR out.
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Its a bit - spit and sawdust now. Its more like a transport Caff now. All the charm went when SteveR and John ran it !
By chrisbl
food is OK but there is nothing to watch whlst one eats.
By Steve R
[quote]they threw SteveR out.[/quote]
Ahem! Splutter! Steve, John and Nathalie were not thrown out. The brain-dead management could not be made to understand that, positioned as it is/was the caff needed support and a freer hand to become a going concern.

Food is actually still rather good - they knocked me up a custom brekker the other day and they were all quality ingredients.

I think the 'charm' didn't really go with Steve and John. My ex-wife, Nathalie, now living in Spain (and appearing in 'C'est La Folie' by Michael White - his Times columns about living in France and a bit of flying) supplied all the charm.

Steve R
By Flyingfemme
[quote='Steve R']
Ahem! Splutter! Steve, John and Nathalie were not thrown out.
[/quote]

Yeah, but. No, but.....you know what I mean. They weren't [i]encouraging[/i] :wink:

Shame. I have family locally and they'd heard about the food from non-flying sources and recommended it to me! :D
By flighty tyke
IMHO the food and ambience are not a patch on when John, Steve & Nathalie were running the show. Mind you, any body running it for the last 3 months would be seriously in loss given the field has been shut most of the time,

The catering still seems to appeal to the local plod tho.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyingfemme wrote:What's the catering like at Rochester now? I haven't visited since they threw SteveR out.

This week I visited and had the best bacon and egg baguette that I remember at any airfield. But note 3 things:
1- the baguette was not the important bit
2- it could be my age meaning my memory is not what it was
3- I haven't been to every airfield

... but it had to be said!
("Sengupta class" thread post resurrection, don'tyou think? 10 years)
Steve R, Iceman liked this