Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By The Westmorland Flyer
I am delighted to be able to advise that Carlisle's AvGas price has been significantly reduced with effect from 1st March 2014. In addition, landing fees are now calculated on a per kg MAUW basis.

AvGas is now £1.99 including VAT.

Landing fees are calculated at the rate of 1.45p + VAT per kg, with a minimum charge of £7.50 + VAT for aircraft up to 2500kg.

And we are STILL waiting to get the final go-ahead to redevelop the airfield!
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
But you do mean airport rather than housing estate ?

Iceman 8)
By The Westmorland Flyer
Yes indeed! There is a clear commitment to keeping Carlisle as an airport. There is still some question over exactly what else happens, e.g. building a head office and/or other facilities on the south side. Whatever happens we will be retaining all existing runways.
By joe-fbs
Night-stop here last night after weather stopped us getting to Scotland and Kirkbride was closed for motor racing. Glad we came. Very friendly and helpful. At one point, one airport person was helping me use his PC to find a hotel while another was on the landline booking me a taxi. They even reserved some of their dwindling avgas for me. After considering the town centre, we took advice and booked The Crown at Wetheral to stay. Apparently the Stobart bosses all stay there when visiting. Reasonable accommodation with excellent dinner and breakfast. £15 each way in a local taxi 0169773386
Now sat waiting for weather in the pleasant waiting room, easy wifi, TV and "use our kitchen as much as you like to make a brew".
Probably be able to report on the cafe later.
Yes, acceptable cafe with view over the runways and outside tables available (not trying those today!). Just had a very decent scone. Fat breakfast at the above mentioned hotel precludes trying anything more substantial.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You missed a treat not staying in the town centre on a Saturday night. Iceman and myself overnighted there once after a similar diversion from Scotland, possibly on a Friday. We went for a curry in the town centre and some drinks. It was interesting observing the locals...