Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Lovely grass airfield with x-runways of 600m & 800m on top of 1850ft hill in the Ardenne. Do not confuse with EBSU/St Hubert military installation a mile to the east with its huge 2km runway you fly over on downwind!! €11.15 landing fee, €4.25/day parking. Very active with gliders, but this isnt a problem as the tower staff are very switched on and helpful.

Hotel on site (€85-€100 /night) with good Restaurant on the 1st floor overlooking the airfield. Bar (also serving bar snacks/food) with terrace below restaurant with direct access to flight line. Absolutely lovely spot with friendly, helpful, attentive staff - reccomended!! E-Bikes available for rent from hotel.

Regards, SD..
Flyin'Dutch', Rallye, Iceman liked this
By Kemble Pitts
I echo that, lovely aerodrome in a beautiful setting.

I landed there about four years ago, arriving from the west under a solid overcast. Cruising at about 2200 ft expecting to see the huge military field first... :shock:

Of course we arrived 'overhead' at about 400 ft AGL without seeing the military place (hidden in the trees from our not-so-lofty aspect). Pretty good lateral navigation via just map and compass, shame about the vertical nav.

Luckily the weather had put off the locals from flying! Camped at the camp-site on the aerodrome boundary.

The place is an aviator's delight, everything a GA field should be.
By skydriller
Kemble Pitts wrote:
> Of course we arrived 'overhead' at about 400 ft AGL without seeing the military place
> (hidden in the trees from our not-so-lofty aspect).

Ha! Yes! I had exactly this arriving from the south-west. Didnt notice the HUGE mil runway at all, as uts just the other side of the hill in the trees, only saw it downwind for the opposite runway when I flew over it.

Regards, SD..
By Rallye
I saw it on t/o from EBSH ,but well hidden by the trees and a grey runway.It is an OTAN airfield.
I confirm very nice airfield with many gliders and an efficient afis equivalent (afis don't exist in Belgium).
there is an website "Saint hubert airport" which give all the infos.
An advise,drink a Chouffe beer at the bar (not before flying).
By skydriller
Rallye wrote:
> an efficient afis equivalent (afis don't exist in Belgium).

Its the UK equivalent to A/G in reality, but but able to "advise" though not give instructions per se...

Galleys wrote:
> An advise,drink a Chouffe beer at the bar (not before flying).

Absolutely!! Not you usual over malty/strong fizzy Belgian beer - a flavourful fruity IPA taste with a nice lightness - Excellent!!

Regards, SD..