Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By kanga
Word has reached us in JAM that this should have started before mid-January. 04/22 (hard and, I assume, grass) will presumably be the only available FW runway(s). Work expected to continue into but by end of April. I assume this will all be NOTAMd.

One consequence will be that there will be no taxiable access to the JAM taxiway (R) and apron; not even, presumably, by the airport's airside vehicles. Museum will remain open at weekends only; during the week the JAM landside gate and car park will be being used by the resurfacing contractors' trucks!

In MP3's day one of his Lovely People would offer rides from the Terminal to the museum and back, either across or around (ie by road), for fly-in visitors for whom the JAM grass was unsuitable. I have no idea if this service is still offered.
By Milty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hope I can get the last of my solo consolidation in before that starts then. Any idea on whether there will be any taxiway restrictions affecting circuits? Is 18/36 going to be open too?
By johnm
Milty wrote:Hope I can get the last of my solo consolidation in before that starts then. Any idea on whether there will be any taxiway restrictions affecting circuits? Is 18/36 going to be open too?

18/36 will become a taxiway, your school should have the full briefing which has been widely circulated to based operators.
kanga, Milty liked this
By Milty
I expect they have but it’s not filtered through to us minions yet. I knew of the plans to resurface both but wasn’t sure of the details. Hope they paint the numbers with something better than tippex this time.